Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
The Council’s recommendations for 2015:
- Restore funding for home and community services for vulnerable older adults and their caregivers.
- Provide funding for programs that support caregivers.
- Assure that County Departments of Social Services have the resources to protect the most vulnerable of seniors and adults with disabilities who are potential victims of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Recommend an Aging Subcommittee.
- Increase awareness of the growing incidence of financial exploitation
as well as abuse and neglect and their devastating effect on vulnerable
North Carolinians of all social-economic strata
- Support the establishment of an Aging Subcommittee of the joint
Legislative Oversight Committee on Health and Human Services
December 22, 2014