Information and Assistance
The Older Americans
Act of 1965 as amended called for the provision of Information
and Assistance (I & A) services. The provision of I & A
for older persons and their families is designed to:
Contact Heather Burkhardt at the Division
with questions concerning Information and Assistance.
- Assess and evaluate an individual's needs.
- Inform and educate about programs and
services available across the long-term care continuum
- Refer and/or directly connect the individual
to appropriate resources.
- Provide assistance to negotiate the service
- Work with long distance caregivers in
identifying and locating needed services.
- Advocate on behalf on individuals or
a group to obtain change in the delivery or availability
Last updated - June 3, 2013