Computer Based Training
Currently NC DSS has the following Computer Based Training courses available for state and county DSS staff to download:
Customer Service Excellence
This course covers the principles of delivering excellent customer service.
to the NC Social Services System:
This is an introduction to the NC Social Services System. This course was designed to be helpful to the new worker and to teach a person the basics about the Social Service System in North Carolina
The course provides an overview of the course and the review of the
material.There are many quizzes displayed throughout the courses to
be used to reinforce learning.
Below are the minimum technical requirements for installing the Computer Based Training Course:
- 486/66 Mhz processor minimum (Pentium 90 or higher recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 3.1/Dos 3.3, Windows NT 3.5 or later or Widows 95 or Windows 98 (Windows 95 or higher recommended)
- Windows compatible mouse or other pointing device
- 8 MB of random access memory for playback
- Graphics adapter card (VGA, Super VGA or other Windows-compatible card) capable of displaying at least 256 color at 640 x 480 pixel resolution
How to download the courseware:
- Double click on the icon for the courseware you would like to download.
- Save the file to a saving location on your computer.
- Once you have the file saved to your saving location, your are ready to install the courseware.
How to install the courseware:
- Locate your saved file.
- Double click on the file to begin the installation process<
- When it is finished, a new icon will be added to your Windows Desktop.
- Double click on the icon to start the courseware.
Trouble Shooting Tips:
- If the screen is distorted after installation, adjust the Windows default font size to small font.
For questions regarding this courseware please feel free to contact the NC Division of Social Services by email.
We strive to keep this information as accurate as possible. If information on this page needs to be updated, please Email us.
Page Modified 10/15/2012