The Information Support Unit of the Performance Management Section is responsible for enhancements and maintenance of the information systems that support the Division’s programs. These systems include both mainframe and web-based applications, including:
- CIP, the Crisis Intervention Program;
- CPPS, the Child Placement and Payment System that supports the foster care and adoption programs;
- CR, the Central Registry that supports the Child Protective Services program;
- CSDW, the Client Services Data Warehouse, that stores data from various programs;
- EIS, the Eligibility Information System that supports Work First, Refugee Assistance, and Special Assistance programs;
- EPICS, the Enterprise Program Integrity Control System that tracks overissuances of benefits for Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Food and Nutrition Services;
- EPIS, the Employment Programs Information System that supports employment and training for Work First participants;
- FSIS, the Food Stamps Information System that supports the Food and Nutrition Services and Commodity Distribution programs;
- RIL, the Responsible Individuals List System that supports the Child Welfare programs to identify parents, guardians, caretakers, or custodians who have been identified as perpetrators in all substantiated cases of abuse or serious neglect;
- SIS, the Services Information System that tracks services rendered to recipients of social services; and,
- LIEAP, the system that supports the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
This unit assists with the development of requirements for the various information systems to reflect changes in policy occurring either at the State or Federal levels. The staff serves as the Customer Support/Help Desk for all 100 county departments of social services employees who use the systems to administer the programs managed by the Division. Staff in this unit also perform user acceptance testing for all changes in the information systems that affect benefits, functionality, or report results.
Main Contact Information: 919-733-8938
We strive to keep this information as accurate as possible. If information on this page needs to be updated, please Email us.
Page Modified 10/15/2012