After completing this training, employees and supervisors should be able to:
- Define workplace violence.
- Recognize behavior that may be warning signs of potential violence and indicators of domestic violence.
- Identify circumstances and situations in the workplace that may contribute to workplace violence.
- List the immediate action steps to be taken by an employee or manager when faced with a violent or potentially violent situation in the workplace.
- Identify general strategies to prevent workplace violence.
- Identify the federal web site on terrorism and other disasters.
After completing the additional supervisors' training section, supervisors should be able to:
- Identify how to handle traumatic events in the workplace and when/how to contact the Crisis Management Team.
- List some methods to improve employee morale, deal with stress and mental health issues.
- Identify legal issues and how to avoid related problems.
- Plan and conduct a follow-up staff meeting to complete the Workplace Violence training requirement.