CASE MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES
NC FAST has identified four broad business objectives:
- To support a truly integrated, cross-functional social and human services delivery approach that moves beyond the current environment.
- To meet the increased demand for programs and services within the Health Care Reform legislation, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) (Public Law 111-148).
- To provide proactive case management tools that enable county departments of social services and NC DHHS to manage caseloads more effectively.
- To help families move toward independence by providing a comprehensive “one-stop shop” for human services.
NC FAST has identified the following technical objectives:
- To reduce manual and dual data entry.
- To enable real-time sharing of client and case information across program and county lines.
- To automate the collection and maintenance of client demographic information including client relationships.
- To automate the collection and maintenance of interactions with clients.
- To automate the collection and evaluation of clients' abilities, skills and unmet needs.
- To automate the collection and maintenance of case decision-making and planning after a thorough assessment.
- To reduce cycle time for determination of eligibility.
- To reduce manual and administrative work requirements to help free up worker and supervisor time to perform key service and case management functions.
- To automate the collection and maintenance of data for managing, recording and tracking service plans.
- To coordinate client services and resources to achieve goals of service plans, and to investigate and manage fraud and abuse claims.
- To track productivity and manage schedules and security access to information.
- To provide progress measurements and metrics reporting for management forecasting and planning of services and resources.
- To provide support for federal and state mandated reports.
- To enhance staff morale and job satisfaction by providing workers with well-developed, intuitive, reliable, and flexible information systems.