PROJECT 4: Child Services
To address the countiesí urgent need for a comprehensive statewide child services system, coupled with the enhanced funding from the NC†FAST Programís federal partners, DHHS leadership has directed NC FAST to initiate Project 4.
NC FAST is in process of developing the high-level Project Plan and other preliminary documents, such as reassessment of the projectís business system functions. The team is also working to obtain federal approval to expedite Project 4 in the schedule. The project started the 3rd calendar quarter of 2012.
- Screening and intake for Child Protective Services (CPS); intake for general services.
- Facilities and service providers' licensure support.
- CPS assessment (investigative and family).
- Structured Decision Making Tools.
- Service planning and provision of services to families and individuals in-home.
- Child and Family Team documentation.
- Court activities.
- Service planning and provision of services to families and individuals out of home.
- Placement and payment for residential care (including out of state placements and receiving requests).
- Adoption filing and finalization (indexing for Vital Records, NCKids registry).
- Legacy System replacement: Child Placement and Payment System (CPPS), Central Registry Child Abuse and Neglect (CRCAN), Central Registry Fatalities (FAT), Multiple Response System (MRS), Adoption Index Management System (AIMS), Foster Care Facility Licensing System (FCFLS), Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC).