Work Product of the Workgroup on Children, Youth & Families
Senator Tamara Barringer
Dr. Mike Lancaster
Benjamin Matthews, Ph.D.
Greta Metcalf, Ph.D.
Judge Donna Stroud
Steven Scoggin, MDiv. Psy.D, LPC
- Examine efforts that heighten awareness and reduce stigma related to substance use and mental health problems and provide recommendations to improve these efforts.
- Evaluate linkages between agencies of state and local government and provide recommendations for the transfer of existing best practices.
- Examine the link between foster care and mental health and substance abuse services for teenagers preparing to leave the foster care system to improve their outcomes.
- Examine opportunities for the justice system to best manage the cases of young people with mental health and substance use challenges in order that they reach their full potential.
- Examine the role of specialty courts in NC and provide recommendations on how they can best be utilized.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Co-Chairs of the Task Force.