Work Product of the Workgroup on Prescription Opioid Abuse, Heroin Resurgence and Special Topics
Sheriff Asa Buck
Justice Jimmy Ervin
Rep. Susan Martin
Dr. Al Mooney
Dr. Bryant Murphy
Dr. Ashwin Patkar
- Examine efforts to heighten awareness of the dangers of prescription opioid misuse/abuse and provide recommendations to improve these efforts.
- Examine efforts to heighten awareness regarding the efficacy of and reduce stigma related to medication assisted treatment and provide recommendations to improve these efforts.
- Evaluate the use of heroin in North Carolina and provide recommendations on best practices for prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- DHHS Recommendation: Review the State Plan to Reduce Prescription Drug Abuse and provide recommendations for implementation strategies.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Co-Chairs of the Task Force.