COVID-19 Vaccine Resources for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG): Vaccinating Pregnant and Lactating Patients Against COVID-19
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM): Statement: SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination in Pregnancy
- The Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM): Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination in Lactation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- World Health Organization (WHO) Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute Resources for Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- Fourth Trimester Project™
Breastfeeding promotion and support posters are available for free download!
- North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition - The North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition brings together breastfeeding advocates, health care providers, agencies, individuals, organizations and families to support, protect and promote breastfeeding in the state of North Carolina. Founded in 2005, the NCBC provides a forum for development and exchange of resources for families and breastfeeding professionals. The vision of the NCBC is to ensure that exclusive and continued breastfeeding is the norm in North Carolina.
- Eat Smart North Carolina: Businesses Leading the Way in Support of Breastfeeding - 2nd Edition is a planning and resource primer for any employer who is looking for suggestions on becoming a breastfeeding-friendly worksite or business. It can be used in a variety of worksite settings including private and non-profit businesses, faith organizations, schools, child care, government agencies as well as community organizations. The primer outlines federal and state breastfeeding-related directives and describes the benefits for businesses that choose to support breastfeeding for their employees and customers. Practical information such as sample policies, easy practices to implement, NC success stories from employees, and state and national breastfeeding resources are also included. Whether your business is just starting to think of ways to support breastfeeding mothers or you need ideas for how to expand what you are already doing, this primer walks you through the options and resources to build success.
File Download Options:
- Eat Smart North Carolina: Businesses Leading the Way in Support of Breastfeeding - 2nd Edition (Low-Ink Version -- for printing in black and white on a personal printer)
- Eat Smart North Carolina: Businesses Leading the Way in Support of Breastfeeding - 2nd Edition (Medium Resolution Version -- for printing in color on a personal printer)
- Eat Smart North Carolina: Businesses Leading the Way in Support of Breastfeeding - 2nd Edition (Professional Print Version -- for printing in color using a professional printing company)
- WIC Breastfeeding Award of Excellence Program
US Breastfeeding Committee - The United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) is an independent nonprofit organization that was formed in 1998 in response to the Innocenti Declaration of 1990, of which the United States Agency for International Development was a co-sponsor. The USBC is a national coalition of 100+ organizational members representing nonprofits (national, state, local, and community), breastfeeding coalitions, and federal agencies working to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
Office of the Surgeon General - On January 20, 2011, Surgeon General Regina M. Benjamin released The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding. This document calls on all of us to provide support for the breastfeeding mother-baby dyad.