NC Commission Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the public voice by promoting excellence in prevention, treatment and rehabilitation programs for persons with mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance abuse disorders in the State of North Carolina. We will accomplish this
- Assuring that people with mental health, developmental disabilities and substance
abuse needs are our primary focus.
- Establishing effective and efficient rules through our statutory authority.
- Considering all points of view presented to the Commission.
- Regularly informing ourselves about best practice services.
- Regularly evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of existing rules.
- Advising the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services pursuant
to our statutory authority.