Community Child Protection Teams
The Community Child Protection Team (CCPT) is a group of community representatives who promote a community-wide approach to the problem of child abuse and neglect. Local teams identify and respond to gaps in the county’s prevention/protection response, maximizing the use of limited resources.
- Review active cases in which abuse, neglect, or dependency is found and that are:
- selected from categories defined by the team
- brought for review at the specific request of a team member
- brought for review at the initiative of the director of the department of social services
- Review fatalities, including:
- fatalities suspected to have resulted from child abuse, neglect or dependency
- fatalities where the child or the child's family had received child welfare services within 12 months of the child's death
- Report to the Board of County Commissioners and the community about the status of families in the community
- Create an Annual CCPT End of the Year Report
- Develop effective recruitment strategies for engaging citizens in the CCPT
Members interested in participating on the Advisory Board should contact the CCPT State Program Coordinator.
Terri Reichert, Program Coordinator
820 S. Boylan Ave
Raleigh, NC 27699-2406