State Rehabilitation Council
The purpose of the State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) is to work with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS or VR) to expand vocational rehabilitation services. The council allows customers and stakeholders of vocational rehabilitation services to influence the policies and direction of the VR at the highest administrative level.
Members are selected from organizations representing individuals with disabilities and organizations interested in individuals with disabilities. Each member is appointed by the Governor, the President Pro-Tem of the Senate and the Speaker of the House to serve a three-year term.
The primary purpose of the executive committee is to:
- Set the overall direction for the council.
- Address the mandated functions of the SRC.
- Assure that SRC members are familiar with their roles and responsibilities.
- Guide the DVRS with the development of the state plan.
- Develop a comprehensive needs assessment.
Consumer Input and Public Outreach Committee
The primary purpose of the Consumer Input and Public Outreach Committee is to:
- Get feedback from consumers and other stakeholders to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services.
- Get feedback from consumers and other stakeholders to evaluate the effectiveness of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and other public and private agencies.
Policy, Procedure and Plan Review Committee
The primary purpose of the Policy and Rules Committee is to:
- Review division policy and rules subject to the Administrative Procedures Act.
- Use public feedback to make recommendations to the division concerning policy changes.
Kim Schmidt, NCSRC Liaison