NC Controlled Substances Reporting System
The Controlled Substances Reporting System (CSRS):
* Identifies and prevent diversion of prescribed controlled substances
* Reduces mortality from unintentional drug overdoses
* Reduces the costs associated with the misuse and abuse of controlled substances
* Assists clinicians in identifying and referring patients to treatment for misusing controlled substances Reduces the cost for law enforcement of investigating cases of diversion and misuse
* Informs the public of the use and abuse trends related to controlled substances
CSRS Registration Instructions
All prescribers and delegates may apply through the NC CSRS website by performing the following steps:
1. Open https://nccsrs.hidinc.com/ncsignup.html, where a login window will be displayed
2. Enter newacct in the User Name field.
3. Enter welcome in the Password field.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your registration.
Prescribers can also register online through the NC Medical Board, NC Board of Pharmacy, or NC Board of Nursing. Click below to link to your specific licensee form.
To request a personal (patient) controlled substances prescription profile, please fill out this form and mail to our office at the following address:
Controlled Substances Reporting System
Attn: Individual Request
Mail Service Center 3008
Raleigh, NC 27699