Skip all navigation Skip to page navigation

DHHS Home | A-Z Site Map | Get Updates | Divisions | About Us | Contacts | En Español

NC Department of Health and Human Services
Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities Home


Who to Call in a Crisis

Any person may receive crisis and emergency services in North Carolina. Regardless of where you are in the state, simply call the LME's 24-hour Access/Crisis hotline at any time. The trained person answering the crisis line arranges for the right service for you and your situation. You may receive crisis services regardless of your ability to pay.

How to Access Services

Admissions to most state-operated healthcare facilities are referred through the Local Management Entities (LME).

Patient’s Rights

Residents in our facilities are accorded many rights. See our Patient’s Rights page.

State Facilities

 Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers

Developmental Centers

Neuro-Medical Treatment Centers

Psychiatric Hospitals

Residential Programs for Children

Money Follows the Person

Money Follows the Person (MFP) provides funding to help people who live in a state operated developmental center, a neuro-medical treatment facility, or psychiatric residential treatment facility, to move to the community if they choose to participate in the program. People who move to the community through MFP will receive services in one of the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers which includes the Innovations waiver and CAP-Disabled Adults (DA). People who are eligible participants for MFP are those who lived in a private or public intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF-IDD) or a hospital and nursing facility for at least three months; are eligible for Medicaid; and meet the enrollment criteria for one of the HCBS waiver programs.

Additional information regarding MFP. Ready NC Connect NC