Medical, Dental, and Psychiatric Recruitment Opportunities for Providers
Find Practice Opportunities
Practice Opportunity Requirements
- Only Primary Care Physicians (FP, IM, PED, IM/PED, OB/GYN) accepted
- Foreign applicants should call 800-533-8847 for a J-1 Information Packet
- J-1 Visa Waiver applications must come directly from the hiring entity, not the applicant, along with a signed contract
We do not provide the contact information of the communities, hospitals or Health Professional Shortage Areas
Loan Repayment Incentives
North Carolina has a severe shortage of primary health care providers, particularly in the state’s rural areas. We have pioneered innovative approaches for placing health professionals in our underserved communities, including practice incentives for primary care providers.
In order for you to qualify for Loan Repayment Incentives, both you and the shortage site must apply and be approved by the National Health Service Corps (NHSC).
If you are a health care professional who is interested in providing health care to the state’s underserved rural communities, look at the practice incentives listed below:
- $50,000 at sites with HPSA score of 14+
- $30,000 at sites with HPSA score of 0-13 for 2-year commitment (with extension opportunity)
For more information, visit the National Health Service Corps (NHSC).
State Loan Repayment
Principle plus interest maximums are:
- $100,000 for physicians with a 4-year commitment
- $100,000 for general practice dentists with a 4-year commitment
- $60,000 for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse midwives and dental hygienists for a four-year commitment (maximum)
High Needs Service Bonus
This incentive has been designed for those with no loans.
- $50,000 for physicians and dentists with a 4-year commitment (the bonus maximums, assuming no loans)
- $30,000 for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse midwives, and dental hygienists with a 4-year commitment