Approximately 1.6 million of the current 2.5 million Medicaid beneficiaries will transition to NC Medicaid Managed Care on July 1, 2021. Under Managed Care, the State is contracting with insurance companies, called Prepaid Health Plans (PHPs). PHPs will be paid a capitated rate, which is a pre-determined set rate per person to provide health care services.
NC Medicaid and North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) are partnering to host many live events to support providers in the transition to NC Medicaid Managed Care. The latest schedule, registration and information about previous events is available on the AHEC Medicaid Managed Care page.
- Webinar Series for Medicaid Providers and Practice Leaders – Webinars are being conducted to increase engagement with providers, practice managers and quality managers.
- Virtual Office Hours – These offer an interactive format for providers to have their questions answered by NC Medicaid staff.
- Health Plan Virtual Meet and Greets – NC Medicaid consultants and health plan representatives are available to address your concerns and questions about the transition from Medicaid fee-for-service to NC Medicaid Managed Care. Sessions are structured as conversations between providers and Managed Care Health Plan staff with a Q&A for participants. Sessions will be delivered live with a recording and transcript made available after each event. Session types include Primary Care & Specialty Providers, Long Term Services & Supports and Behavioral Health Providers.
NC Medicaid has created several resources to support providers in the transition to NC Medicaid Managed Care.
- Provider Playbook Updates – The Provider Playbook has the latest information, tools and other resources to help providers smoothly transition to NC Medicaid Managed Care. Visit the Provider Playbook often as resources will be added as they become available.
- NC Medicaid Help Center – The Help Center has knowledge articles that providers can search to easily find answers to their questions.
In addition to the information above, providers may find all of the latest information about NC Medicaid in the Medicaid Bulletin or by subscribing to the NCTracks mailing list.