To be eligible for WorkSource East, applicants must:
- Be at least 16 to attend as a high school or community student. For admission as a Residential student, applicant must be at least 18.
- Be a current client of vocational rehabilitation (VR) and be referred to WSE by a VR counselor. To apply for VR, find your local office.
- Possess self-care skills or have a personal assistance attendant.
- Be able to self-administer and maintain medications.
- If a student will reside in the residential facility, a PPD screening (TB skin test) is required prior to admission. PPD results must be negative, or the student must be receiving treatment.
WorkSource East provides training for three types of students:
- High School Students: Wayne County students enrolled in a high school transition program can be referred to WorkSource East for vocational training. This type of student attends WSE for a portion of the day and is transported to and from the facility by the school.
- Community Students: This type of student typically lives in or around Wayne County and commutes each day to the facility via personal vehicle or transportation service.
- Residential Students: This type of student typically lives outside of Wayne County and lives at WSE’s residential unit, Magnolia Place while they are enrolled in training. Transportation to and from the training facility is provided daily.