Work incentives are special rules that allow people receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to work without losing their monthly cash and medical benefits.
Work incentives include:
- Continued cash benefits for a time while you work
- Continued Medicare or Medicaid while you work
- Help with education, training, and rehabilitation to start a new line of work
North Carolina’s Work Incentive Planning and Assistance (WIPA) program helps people with disabilities make informed decisions about work, benefits and the use of work incentives to achieve their employment goals. Our benefits counselors can provide:
- Information about available benefits
- Referrals to government programs and community resources
- Counseling about the impact of paid employment on your benefits and financial independence
- Planning assistance to help you establish and achieve your goals for employment
WIPA services are provided at no cost for eligible SSDI/SSI beneficiaries.
Meet the Staff
Wayne Howell, Project Manager
2801 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699 - 2801