The NC Assistive Technology Program is realigning its services with the national AT program model and will no longer accept Medicaid or private insurance referrals for Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) Assessments effective September 1, 2019. NCATP staff with external Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) and other medical providers around the state who can offer AAC assessments under the new managed care model and will post information regarding these providers as it is available.
NCATP will continue to provide device demonstrations, loans and training, technical assistance, public awareness, and assistance with obtaining funding for AT, as well as work with LME/MCO’s to develop additional capacity and resources for AT/AAC assessments.
A listing of AAC Providers is available to download at the bottom of the page. NCATP does not endorse or promote these providers, nor can we guarantee they are accepting new patients or are providers for specific insurance carriers, including NC Medicaid. Please contact individual providers to learn more.
Fee-based Assessment and Training Options
- Assistive Technology Assessments are $575.00
An assessment includes an in-depth analysis to assist a person with a disability in achieving an identified task or goal.
- Specialized Consultative Services (T2025) and is based on authorization from (MCO)
- Individual Trainings are $125.00 per hour.
Training includes technical skill building in the use of assistive technology devices, equipment or software packages.
- Consultations are $125.00 per hour.
NCATP staff provides assistive technology expertise to individuals or organizations for specific needs identified by the requesting party.
- Group Trainings are $500.00 (4 hours) $900.00 (8 hours)
NCATP conducts specialized presentations, seminars or workshops regarding assistive technology to meet an organization's needs.
- Travel at $50.00 per hour
NCATP charges travel time to conduct assessments, consultations, and training in the field.
All persons making referrals should complete the AT Referral for Services form. Please download this electronic form to complete and fax or mail to the Intake Coordinator’s information below along with the following information:
- Authorization that commits to payment of the service fee (Example: Purchase Order, Agency Service Authorization Form, Letter from Authorizing Party)
- Copies of current evaluations/medical information pertinent to this evaluation process. Example: system, individual educational plans, evaluation’s conducted by private therapists, doctor’s records, etc.)
Mail or Fax Referral Information to:
(Vacant), Intake Coordinator
North Carolina Assistive Technology Program
2801 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2801
Send confidential fax to the Intake Coordinator: 919-715-1776
Please contact the Intake Coordinator if you have any additional questions or concerns.
919-715-1776 (Confidential FAX)