CSRS Mandatory Use and Technical Assistance
Register here for a special QA webinar for the Q1 2022 CSRS Audit supporting information for users. A link to join will be emailed the morning of the webinar to be held on May 12, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
What is Mandatory Use?
What is mandatory use? Prescribers and dispensers of a controlled substance must perform a search of a patient's prescription history before a controlled substance can be prescribed or dispensed through the interfaced PMDP (PMP-Aware) through their Electronic Health Record System (EHR).
NC Controlled Substances Regulatory
For more information on the Acts passed by legislation and the Controlled Substance Reporting System (CSRS) along with how it can be used as a clinical tool to enhance your practice and patient outcomes please click here.
Where Can I Get More Information & FAQs?
Self Guided Compliance Assistance
Please send errors in prescribing history here.
Series 2 Videos
- When To Use the PMP AWARxE in Everyday Practice and How To Monitor Your Own Prescribing History
- How To Interpret Prescriber Reports
- Strategies for Creating a Clinic-Wide Approach to Improving Opioid Safety
- Identifying and Intervening with High-Risk Use: When and How to Decrease or Stop Opioids
- Responding to High-Risk Opioid Behaviors
- Identifying and Treating Opioid Use Disorder
- Reducing or Discontinuing Opioids and Benzodiazepines
- Safe Opioid Prescribing: A Challenging and Important Part of Medical Practice
- Intention Behind the PMP AWARxE Prescriber Reports
Request 1:1 Technical Assistance Here
Under a grant that is set to run through September 2022, 1:1 technical assistance is offered for prescribers, dispensers, researchers and the public health community members to give specialized attention on how to access the CSRS System, how to use it as a clinical tool by understanding and applying its multiple uses, and to learn more about opioids and controlled substances in your community in an effort to align local strategies for measurable achievements of impact. To set up a 1:1 with a member of the Utilization Team please click here.
Request Information Here
- Personal Data Request Form
- Research Request
- Data Sharing Agreement for joint presentation
Click the link right to the integration portal and blurb to repeat.
To request the PMP Gateway with NarxCare Integration, complete the following steps:
Complete the Integration Request Form. Be sure to identify the primary contact as the person who is championing the effort on your organization's behalf, as well as a contact for your software vendor.
Note: Only authorized decision makers should fill out the form.
2. The Terms and Conditions Agreement will be emailed to the primary contact within 24-48 hour of the Request Form. Review and electronically sign the agreement.
3. Complete the Prescriber List and email toNCCSRS.Gateway.Integration@dhhs.nc.gov.
4. Complete the Gateway Licensee Questionnaire for requesting CSRS data from other approving states.
5. Wait for your request to be approved for integration by NC DHHS. You must complete ALL documents before NC DHHS will review your request.