The DMH/DD/SAS Program Integrity (PI) Team investigates fraud, waste and abuse as well as complaints and concerns regarding publicly funded and supported services. You are encouraged to to make a report and may choose to remain anonymous. All complaints and referrals are kept confidential and are protected from disclosure. The DMH/DD/SAS will not reveal your identity to any person, except as required by law.
Examples of Fraud
- Billing services not provided
- Falsifying credentialing application
- Falsifying client records
- Kickbacks – the receipt of anything of value for the referral of consumers.
Examples of Waste
- Providing services not medically necessary.
- Failure to adhere to the requirements of the service definition.
Examples of Abuse
- Using treatments that are not evidence-based
- Using a higher cost treatment when a lower cost treatment could be equally effective
If there are questions and concerns or if you need assistance with this referral, please contact the DMH/DD/SAS Program Integrity (PI) Team at DMHmonitoring@dhhs.nc.gov.
Referrals can be submitted the following ways:
- Electronically, by selecting the "Click to submit a referral electronically" button located below.
- Mailing a completed referral form to:
Division of MH/DD/SAS
ATTN: Program Integrity
3001 Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3001