Congratulations on your new job. To help new DHHS State employees to start on the right foot, we welcome you and want to help you navigate your new work environment.
New employee orientation is usually launched by a meeting with your Division (or Office), or Facility Human Resources. It provides information about:
Bring the following documents to your Human Resources office.
- Your original Social Security Card. (See Privacy Information* regarding the department's use of your Social Security number.)
- Birth dates of dependents and/or beneficiaries
- Addresses of dependents and/or beneficiaries
- A "voided" check or deposit slip for Direct Deposit Enrollment form
The I-9 form (U.S. Employment Eligibility Verification form) must be completed in person within three days of the date you are hired. I-9 (transfers included):
Pre-Employment forms needed before the first day. Come in or send the following completed forms to your Division or Facility HR Office:
- Emergency Contact
- Direct Deposit Authorization with a voided check
- NC-4 or NC-4 EZ
- Education/Credential Verification Form
- Prior Creditable State Service Verification Form
Your Division or Facility HR office will provide you with new employee orientation. You will receive forms that you need to sign up for benefits and information about DHHS policies.
Your supervisor should continue the welcoming and affirmation by sharing information about:
- The work environment
- Your new job description
- Him/Herself and your new manager and coworkers
- DHHS and your division or facility history
Contact your local HR Office.