State Rehabilitation Council
The NC State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) works with the NC Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) to increase opportunities for competitive integrated employment and community inclusion for North Carolinians with disabilities. The SRC promotes ongoing improvement within the state vocational rehabilitation (VR) service system by:
- Asking strategic questions and sustaining dialogue with VR leadership about program performance, policy development and other systemic issues
- Gathering input from VR consumers and other stakeholders to measure satisfaction with services and partnerships;
- Evaluating data to learn more about consumer satisfaction, program performance and systemic trends;
- Developing policy recommendations; and,
- Advocating for positive change.
The SRC provides a formal mechanism for all North Carolinians to influence the direction of VR programs, policies and services in the state. In addition to our quarterly full-council meetings, we host monthly committee meetings and forums across the state to gather feedback and input from VR consumers and other system stakeholders. For more information on the SRC’s public meetings, please see our SRC Meetings page.
For more information on council membership, subcommittees and a listing of current members, please visit our SRC Member Page.
The SRC's annual report presents data on vocational rehabilitation programs and services, along with the results of our annual consumer satisfaction survey. To view the reports, visit our SRC Annual Report page.
Kim Schmidt, NCSRC Liaison
Contact the current SRC Chairperson