Planning, Budget and Systems Support
Planning, Budget and Systems Support is responsible for the development, operation and oversight of the budget and information systems for the DAAS. This includes preparation and management of a funding plan for sharing federal and state funds.
This section involves management and maintenance of the Aging Resource Management Systems (ARMS). ARMS is the DAAS automated client tracking and reimbursement system. ARMS tracks clients and services, computes and triggers the reimbursement due to community service providers, and produces reports for use in program and fiscal management.
Planning, Budget and Systems Support provides:
- Preparation and distribution of funding to Area Agencies on Aging, counties and program contractors
- Budget and management assistance for Area Agencies on Aging and local service providers
- Provision of budgeting and program data within Department of Health and Human Services and to the General Assembly, various aging organizations and the general public
- Fiscal monitoring and internal review of direct and pass-through grant awards
- Consultation with Area Agencies on Aging on service utilization patterns and in the area of audit resolution
- Development of training materials and provision of technical assistance in the areas of internal controls,
fiscal monitoring guides and other fiscal management tools
- Assistance with cost account issues
- Technical assistance for computer hardware and software related problems
- Support for AAAs and Local Service Providers
- Support for DAAS and Departmental Management
- Database analysis and reporting
- Budget analysis
- On behalf of DHHS and as required by law, develops the Division’s State Aging Plan for submission to the Federal Administration on Community Living (ACL) and the General Assembly every three years.
For more information, contact Joseph Breen.