NC-SNAP (NC Support Needs Assessment Profile)
The NC-SNAP is a needs assessment tool that, when administered properly, measures an individual's level of intensity of need for developmental disabilities (DD) supports and services. Development of the NC-SNAP began in 1997 in response to a systematic need for a reliable needs assessment instrument to facilitate system-wide planning identified by the North Carolina Developmental Disabilities Policy Workgroup. After extensive field-testing and revision, the NC-SNAP was officially adopted by the state of North Carolina in 1999 as the requisite tool for determining an individual's intensity of need for DD services. Persons in North Carolina who have a DD diagnosis and receive state funded supports and or are placed on the waiting list to receive state funded DD supports must have an NCSNAP administered annually.
Note: The NC-SNAP is for use in North Carolina only. Agencies outside of North Carolina should refer to the Murdoch Center Foundation website (www.murdochFoundation.org) for information on the Developmental Disabilities Support Needs Assessment Profile (DD-SNAP).
NC-SNAP Training Registration Procedures
Regularly scheduled NC-SNAP examiner training is held monthly in the central region of the state on Dorothea Dix campus in Raleigh via DMHDDSAS. Training can be provided throughout the state at the request of the LME-MCO and pending the availability of the trainers. A link to the trainings scheduled for the calendar year may be accessed below. Training dates in the central region have been selected for the entire year in coordination with the availability of the training site.
- All persons, except Developmental Center staff, are required to register through the area LME/MCOs' training coordinator. Developmental Center staff register through your Developmental Center training coordinator.
- Training coordinators will complete the training registration form for the appropriate staff and return the form to the Lead Instructor via email. (see email address below)
- The Lead Instructor will send confirmation letters to the training coordinator before the end of the first week of the month prior to the scheduled training. For example if your training is in April you should receive your confirmation letter before the end of the first week in March. If you have not received your letter within the appropriate time frame please contact the Lead Instructor.
- The Lead Instructor will send training registration confirmation letters to the training coordinators for distribution to the appropriate staff.
- Training is provided free of charge and only to those referred by the LME/MCO or Developmental Centers (i.e., all persons referred for SNAP training should have been assigned responsibility for the NC-SNAP by the LME/MCO, Developmental Center, or private provider).
- Contact information for DMH/DD/SAS training staff is listed below: