Empowering Prescribers and Dispensers to Prevent Opioid Misuse
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Mental Health Developmental Disabilities and Substance Use Services, is partnering with Bamboo Health, the software vendor for the Controlled Substances Reporting System (CSRS), to provide options to Healthcare Entities in North Carolina to integrate CSRS data into their clinical workflow utilizing a service called PMP Gateway. PMP Gateway is a web service that performs automated, multi-state queries to integrate patient controlled substance prescription history within Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Pharmacy Management Syste91ms (PMS). PMP Gateway facilitates communication, information transfer, integration, and support for the state approval and EHR vendor development processes. NarxCare, a Bamboo Health developed product with analytics and clinical resources for risk assessment and patient support, will also be included in the integration.
Integrating controlled substance reporting data within an EHR or PMS provides a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. The integration eliminates the need for providers to leave their workflow to access their CSRS web portal to request a patient’s controlled substance prescription history. Instead, the EHR or PMS automatically initiates a patient query using PMP Gateway and returns the patient’s prescription history directly within the provider’s EHR or PMS.
To request the PMP Gateway with NarxCare Integration, complete the following steps:
- Complete the Integration Request Form. Be sure to identify the primary contact as the person who is championing the effort on your organization’s behalf, as well as a contact for your software vendor.
Note: Only authorized decision makers should fill out the form.
- The Terms and Conditions Agreement will be emailed to the primary contact within 24-48 hours of receipt of the Request Form. Review and electronically sign the Agreement.
- Complete the Prescriber List and email to NCCSRS.Gateway.Integration@dhhs.nc.gov.
- Complete the Gateway Licensee Questionnaire for requesting CSRS data from other approving states.
- Wait for your request to be approved for integration by NC DHHS. You must complete ALL documents before NC DHHS will review your request.
- Once approved, Bamboo Health, the vendor, will contact you to discuss next steps.