The quest for talent is today’s defining business challenge, yet many businesses don't know about the largely untapped talent pool of job seekers with disabilities. Research demonstrates that disability-inclusive companies outperform their peers and report higher productivity, better workplace safety, higher profit margins and higher net income than competitors.
In North Carolina, companies like FedEx, LSG SkyChefs and Biltmore Farms have partnered with Vocational Rehabilitation to help them achieve workforce recruitment, hiring and retention goals.
Employers who partner with VR have access to a variety of no-cost services and resources:
- Recruitment: We assess your workforce needs and pre-screen our candidates to ensure they have the skills and experience to meet your needs.
- Onboarding: We provide ongoing support for our candidates to ensure that their skills and abilities are a good match for your business. Comprehensive follow-up for our candidates means access to training and resources to meet the demands of a changing workplace.
- Retention: We evaluate the needs of our candidates and other employees who may acquire a disability during their career and provide consultations on workplace modifications and low-cost technology to help you keep high-value employees on the job.
- Technology Solutions: We offer expert assistance to help identify tools, devices and resources that optimize productivity, increase morale and foster an inclusive workplace for all employees.
- Workplace Accessibility: We provide guidance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 compliance and accessibility, and can advise on low-cost solutions to accommodate employees with disabilities.
- Disability Awareness Training: We provide on-site disability awareness training to equip business leaders with the knowledge, skills and tools to create an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive.
- Financial Incentives: We help you understand and access tax credits and other incentives available to businesses that hire our candidates.
- Pipeline Development: We collaborate with businesses to develop work-based learning experiences, including paid on-the-job training and internships.
We work with businesses to identify qualified, job-ready candidates in all of North Carolina’s 100 counties. To partner with Vocational Rehabilitation, contact a regional employment specialist today:
Western NC - (828) 608-5690
Central NC - (336) 629-1040
Eastern NC - (252) 355-9010