Telehealth resources for healthcare providers are available through the weblinks below.
General Telehealth Resources and Toolkits:
- NC Area Health Education Centers Program (NC AHEC): Resources across a variety of telehealth topics in the form of operational tip sheets and tool kits.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Toolkit.
- Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC): Resources for providers related to telehealth topics.
- Federal Health and Human Services has created a website specifically for telehealth. Providers can get information to help integrate telehealth and get up to speed on recent COVID-19 related topics and learn what patients will need to use telehealth.
- NC Broadband Infrastructure Office (BIO) has compiled a list of new and existing free or affordable service offerings from Internet Service Providers across the state. You can utilize the interactive map to locate services offered at specific locations as well as public Wi-Fi points. List of free Wi-Fi access point locations by county.
Telehealth Billing Resources:
- Telehealth Reimbursement Resources: Find the latest NC Medicaid Telehealth Payment Resources.
- Medicaid Telehealth Billing Code Summary
- Telemedicine Coding and Billing Document - Can be used as a guide for setting up coding and billing systems in NC local health departments for telemedicine during the time of COVID-19.
- North Carolina Payers Telehealth Policies in Response to COVID-19
Telehealth Funding Resources:
- Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (MATRC): Funding opportunities and grants for telehealth.
- The USDA Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program: Assistance for rural communities using the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world, overcoming the effects of remoteness and low population density. Application deadline: July 13, 2020.
Behavioral Health Resources:
- Addiction Technology Transfer Centers, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- American Society of Addiction Medicine: Overview of telehealth and general practice guidelines for addition services.
- American Psychiatric Association: Blog on Telepsychiatry regarding COVID-19.
- American Psychiatric Association has published a Telepsychiatry Toolkit that covers training, practice/clinical, reimbursement and legal issues.
- Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (MATRC): Current information on Telebehavioral and Telemental health-related services through the Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence.
- DPH offers a Telemedicine and Virtual Patient Procedure Policy Template that can be used to build internal policies for telemedicine and help practices get started with telehealth: PDF
- Telemedicine and North Carolina Public Health Nursing Practice - This resource offers guidelines for Public Health Nurses providing care through telehealth, telemedicine, and virtual patient communications.
- NC Division of Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing resources for guidelines on how to communicate with the Deaf, Hard of Hearing citizens utilizing telehealth.
- Oral Health: National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center offers a collection of selected resources offering high-quality information about teledentistry.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Resources on how to integrate telehealth into practices.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guidance on the Necessary Use of Telehealth During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- COVID-19 Resources