Telehealth education for health-care providers is available through the following organizations:
Webinars and Virtual Learnings
NCAHEC Telehealth Education: Continuing education courses on telehealth are available online and through on-site programs statewide. Educational credits are also provided here.
Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (MATRC) Telehealth Education: MATRC serves as a focal point for advancing the effective use of telehealth and supports access to telehealth services in rural and underserved communities. MATRC provides webinars and informational meetings for providers about telehealth.
- Telehealth Essentials Checklist: For Those Getting Started
CCNC Telehealth Education: CCNC has worked with organizations across the state to collect various webinars and events. For a list of events of various webinars that touch on COVID and telehealth topics please review the Webinars for Providers section.
Academic and Policy Articles
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is pleased to share a policy evaluation brief, Tele-Transformation in North Carolina: Telehealth Policy Lessons Learned During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond and companion chart pack, below:
- Tele-Transformation in North Carolina: Telehealth Policy Lessons Learned During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond - Sept. 2023
- Tele-Transformation in North Carolina Supporting Charts
The brief highlights North Carolina’s approach to telehealth policymaking, both in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and thereafter, to serve as a model to other states undertaking telehealth policymaking and evaluation. This brief includes:
- An overview of North Carolina’s evolution in telehealth policy.
- The state’s decision-making criteria used to determine temporary and permanent telehealth policy changes.
- Key findings from the state’s evaluation of telehealth utilization between March 2020 and December 2022 (with additional detail included in the chart pack).
- Considerations for other states.
AHRQ White Paper: The Evidence Base for Telehealth: Reassurance in the Face of Rapid Expansion During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
NEJM Group: Addressing Equity in Telemedicine for Chronic Disease Management During the Covid-19 Pandemic.