Rural Health Centers Capital Grant SFY 2020
Rural Health Center Capital Grant
Funding Agency Name: North Carolina Office of Rural Health (NC ORH)
Funding Agency Address: 311 Ashe Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27603
Funding Agency Contacts/Inquiry Information: Monifa Charles, 919 527-6474, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Maggie Sauer, 919 527-6450, email@example.com
The purpose of grants awarded under this program is to support state-designated rural health centers. NC ORH assists underserved communities and populations with developing innovative strategies for improving access, quality, and cost-effectiveness of health care. The ability of a healthcare facility to meet the needs of a rural patient population is directly related to the efficiency, size, and quality of the facility and its equipment. Capital funding sources allow for investment in healthcare infrastructure, including the construction, renovation, and expansion of rural healthcare facilities. Capital investments can also be made through the purchase and installation of major equipment and technology.
To be eligible to apply for these funds, your organization must be designated a State-Designated Rural Health Center by NC ORH. The maximum total grant award is dependent upon demonstrated need at the rural health center or by the organization and is contingent upon funding availability.
Please read the following grant instructions and requirements carefully. Applications that do not adhere to all instructions and requirements will be ineligible.
You must submit your application through the online survey tool. Click the link below and provide your contact information to receive a personalized link to the application: Survey Closed
Application and Submission Instructions:
Grant applications must be received via electronic survey. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis or until available funds are fully obligated. We encourage organizations to apply at least two months prior to their project to allow for application review and grant processing. Applicants will be notified of awards within 20 business days of submitting their application.
1. Submission and Requirements
• Applicants are required to submit within the application an estimation of quotes from vendors, at least two vendors. If vendor or sub-contractor has specific payment terms please include. For example: If vendor or sub-contractor requesting upfront payment of 10%, 20%, 50%, etc.
• NOTE: Submission of all Information Technology Equipment will be routed to DHHS IT Central Office: The purchase of IT Equipment for approval is within 45 calendar days.
• Applicants are required to report any changes in the project or proposed activities as appropriate or monthly to ORH Operation Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants are required to participate in quarterly audit activities, as appropriate.
2. Review of Applications
• Within 1-5 business days, upon receipt of application, applicants will receive an email confirmation from ORH that your application is being reviewed.
• Within 12 business days ORH will review budget request and contact applicant and determine if there is a need to negotiate the budget request, if applicable.
3. Proposal Approved
• Within 20 business days applicants will receive notification of award for capital funds and approval for project.
4. Finalize Process
• Applicants will review and sign off on contract send by ORH. Note: there will be two original contracts.
• Applicants will mail back both original contracts.
• ORH will mail back one original contract to applicants.
• An electronic copy will be available for applicant.
5. Applicants are required to submit closeout supporting documentations and expend all funds on or before June 30, 2020.
The funding cycle is from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. All grantees must fully expend grant funds prior to June 30, 2020. All invoices for the completed and projected work must be submitted to ORH for reimbursement no later than June 7, 2020.