Rural health centers offer basic health care to all residents, regardless of your ability to pay.
- Rural health centers are located in rural NC communities.
- All rural health centers accept Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance.
- If you do not have health insurance or cannot afford medical care, you may qualify for ORH’s Medical Access Plan (MAP).
- MAP eligibility is based on income.
- MAP patients pay a co-payment, and the ORH pays the difference for each office visit up to $100.
Eligibility: Anyone may receive basic health services at the rural health centers.
How to Apply: Call the rural health center in your area and schedule an appointment.