Guide the development and implementation of well-integrated, high-quality systems of medical care for North Carolinians with behavioral health needs and IDD.
North Carolinians will have access to high-quality integrated behavioral, developmental, and physical health services across their lifespan and across settings.
- Employ evidence-based, equitable, and equivalent medical policies and procedures systemwide.
- Embrace the tenets of highly reliable organizations to ensure patient and healthcare provider safety.
- Improve collaboration and medical training throughout the behavioral health and IDD system.
- Provide prompt consultation on identified risks to individuals with behavioral health and IDD needs.
- Ensure that Medicaid Transformation design meets the specialized needs of behavioral health and IDD populations.
Medical Leadership Team
- Carrie Brown, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Psychiatrist
- Markita Keaton, DrPH, Special Assistant to the CMO
- Keith McCoy, MD FAPA, Deputy Chief Psychiatrist
- Susan Saik Peebles, MD, Medical Director
- Brandon Warren, Director of Pharmacy