The North Carolina WIC Program uses an electronic benefit transfer system (eWIC) for WIC benefit issuance. The Local WIC Agency issues the WIC food benefits for a participant into an electronic benefit account. Families then use their eWIC card and PIN to access their food benefits at the grocery store.
North Carolina eWIC
- Starting on 9/10/23, register your eWIC card on ebtEDGE! You can check your WIC food benefit balance, set your PIN or replace your eWIC card.
- To set up your account on ebtEDGE:
- Use the ebtEDGE mobile app. Download for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Visit www.ebtedge.com and go to the Cardholder Login link.
- Or call the eWIC customer service toll-free at 1-844-230-0813.
- If you receive FNS/SNAP you may already have an account! On 9/10/23 you will be able to add your WIC card to your ebtEDGE account.
NC eWIC Materials
ebtEDGE App Handout for NC eWIC (English): A step-by-step guide on setting up the ebtEDGE app for NC WIC participants.
Using Your NC eWIC Card (English)
Using Your NC eWIC Card (Español)
NC eWIC TIPS Card (English)
NC eWIC TIPS Card (Español)
NC WIC Program Shopping Guide (English)
NC WIC Program Shopping Guide (Español)