Public Invited to Comment on Proposed John H. Chafee Foster Care Program Plan for 2020–2024
Public comment is sought on the proposed John H. Chafee Foster Care Program Plan for 2020–2024, which outlines how the state will serve youth ages 14 to 21, over the next five years, who have experienced foster care. The John H. Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood helps current and former foster care youths achieve self-sufficiency.
Grants are offered to states and tribes who submit a plan to assist youth in a wide variety of areas designed to support a successful transition to adulthood. Activities and programs include, but are not limited to, help with education, employment, financial management, housing, emotional support and assured connections to caring adults.
The written plan will be available for review through July 24, 2019 at the following locations:
- Each county department of social services during normal business hours
- Online at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/social-services/public-notices
- Division of Social Services, McBryde Building, Dorothea Dix Campus, 820 S. Boylan Ave., Raleigh, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Comments on the report must be submitted in writing at no later than July 24, 2019 by one of the following methods:
- Mail: Re: John H. Chafee Plan Comments
LINKS Program Coordinator
2408 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2408
- Email: ChafeePlan@dhhs.nc.gov