Information for Noncustodial Parents

Roles and Responsibilities of the Noncustodial Parent (NCP)

  • Responding to all requests for information and appointments. Failure to acknowledge a request could lead to court action.
  • Notifying the CSS agency of any changes in status, such as name, address, employment, and custody of their child(ren).
  • Asking questions when they need information. The CSS staff provides any information they can to help NCPs.
  • Knowing their rights. The CSS agency cannot provide NCPs with an attorney, but NCPs have the right to seek legal counsel.

Application for CSS Services:
Child Support Services Application (DSS-4451) - English
Solicitud de Servicios de Child Support (Manutencion Infantil) Child Support Services Application (DSS-4451) - Spanish

Centralized Collections Operation (NCCSCC)Federal and state laws require all child support payments be processed at one central location. Noncustodial parents (NCPs) and or their employers can send child support payments to the NCCSCC, which processes and sends these payments to the appropriate custodial parents or payees.

CSS Services: Access more information about the services offered by CSS.

CSS Worksheets and Guidelines: Access the worksheets and guidelines that CSS uses to calculate child support obligations.

Direct Deposit Services (EFT): Custodial parents can have their child support payments deposited directly into their checking or saving accounts. This offers an easy and efficient alternative to receiving a check for their child support payment.

eChild Support: Access the eChild Support website where CSS participants can register and access information about their cases.

How to Get Help (Custodial Parents, Noncustodial Parents and Employers)Get answers to frequently asked questions and other information.

NC Statutes Related to Child SupportNorth Carolina General Statutes relating to Child Support Services.

If you have a concern about your child support case please call the Child Support Customer Service line toll-free at 1-800-992-9457. In the Martin County area call 252-789- 5200. Additional information is available through the eChild Support website or the Child Support Handbook. You can also e-mail us.