The Problem Gambling Program was established to provide and support effective problem gambling prevention, education, outreach and treatment programs throughout the state.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
- Have you ever felt the need to bet more and more money?
- Have you ever lied to people important to you about how much you gambled?
- Have you repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back or stop gambling?
- Do you gamble as a way of escaping emotional or physical pain?
- Have you ever relied on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling?
- Have you ever jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job or career opportunity because of gambling?
- Have you gambled to get money with which to pay debts or to solve other financial problems?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Do you gamble to try to get your money back?
Do you think that you might be a compulsive gambler? Take the Gambler's Anonymous 20-Question quiz.
North Carolina Problem Gambling Helpline: 877-718-5543
North Carolina Problem Gambling Program